SPAIN: Freixenet on acquisition trail with 60% in Oz winery

By John Gallagher | 19 July 2001

Spain's leading Cava exporter, Freixenet, has confirmed the purchase of 60% of the Wingara Wine Group, the owners of Riddoch Estate, Katnook Estate and Deakin Estate wineries. After two years of negotiations, Freixenet has paid Euro21.57m () for its controlling stake with the remaining 40% remaining in the hands of David Yunghanns and his sister, Sarah. Yunghanns remains as managing director of the Australian company.

just-drinks articles are only available to registered users and members.

Join now for increased access

There are various access options to choose from. All provide instant access to the latest news, insight and expert analysis.

If you’re already a member, login here.

Spain's leading Cava exporter, Freixenet, has confirmed the purchase of 60% of the Wingara Wine Group, the owners of Riddoch Estate, Katnook Estate and Deakin Estate wineries. After two years of negotiations, Freixenet has paid Euro21.57m () for its controlling stake with the remaining 40% remaining in the hands of David Yunghanns and his sister, Sarah. Yunghanns remains as managing director of the Australian company.

  • Unlimited access to all the latest global beverage news and insight
  • Expert analysis that puts the news into context
  • Exclusive interviews with leading industry figures
  • Monthly management briefings with detailed analysis on hot topics
  • Personalised RSS feeds and email newsletters
  • 10-year archive of news, insight and intelligence
  • Discounts on just-drinks market research
  • Plus much more

If you’re already a member, login here

Not what you were looking for?

Search just-drinks:

just-drinks tagline

Not a member? Join here

Decrease font sizeDecrease font sizeDecrease font size Increase font sizeIncrease font sizeIncrease font size Comment on this article Email this to a friend Print this page