SINGAPORE: Fraser & Neave shareholders to get part of Heineken deal proceeds
Fraser & Neave will distribute part of the proceeds from the Heineken deal to shareholders
Fraser & Neave (F&N) has said its plans to distribute around SGD4bn (US$3.19bn) to shareholders if the sale of its stake in Asia Pacific Breweries goes through.
Shareholders will get around 84% of the cash proceeds from the SGD4.8bn the group earns from its sale to Heineken via a capital reduction, F&N said late Friday (24 August). The Singapore conglomerate will use the remainder of the proceeds to pay down debt and strengthen its balance sheet.
Last week, F&N's board agreed to an increased offer from Heineken for the group's 39.7% total stake in APB. The Dutch brewer raised its offer to SGD53 per share after an initial offer of SGD50 per share last month.
The deal remains subject to approval from F&N shareholders, but Heineken previously said it expects the transaction to complete no later than 15 December.
Environmental sustainability remains one of the most active areas for the global drinks industry. This year, just-drinks returns to the subject with four separate management briefings, one per sector....
In the second part of this management briefing, which looks at environmental sustainability in the brewing sector, Ben Cooper looks at the role played by sourcing ingredients locally....
The fourth and final part of this month's management briefing, which looks at the efforts of the brewing world in the environmental sustainability arena, considers the work of Heineken, Molson Coors a...
Heineken has a "low appetite" for China's mainstream beer sector and will continue to concentrate on the premium end of the market, the head of the Dutch brewer has said....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review