US: Foster's Wine Estates realigns sales teams
It's been a lively year for Foster's
The US-based wine unit of Foster's Group has confirmed details behind its new leadership team for distributor management and off-trade accounts.
Foster’s Wine Estates Americas said late last week that David Brown has been appointed vice president for off-premise accounts. Brown joins Foster’s from Mars, Inc where he served as VP of sales for their health and nutrition division.
Meanwhile, Foster’s distributor management team will be led by four division vice presidents: Linda Gawne, who has previously worked for Diageo and Coors; Tom Tomesko, who has worked with E&J Gallo Winery and Glazer’s Distributors; John Grant, who was a past president of Kendall-Jackson Wine Estates and Constellation Wines Australia; and Christian Gray who has been with Foster’s for three years and has prior experience with Gallo and Diageo.
“Some 12 months ago, we started the process of transforming Foster’s in-market capabilities,” said Foster’s senior vice president of sales, Mike Holden. “These new senior level appointments combined with the latest realignment of our distributor management organisation along with the development of a new luxury sales team are critical steps forward in implementing our strategic plan.”
Last month, Foster's Wine Estates said it had lined up a change of distribution partners in the country.
M&A activity within the beer sector this year has been limited to just the one big transaction, in Mexico. Larry Nelson believes, however, that 2010 could have served as the calm before the storm, wit...
Moet Hennessy has confirmed a change of leadership at its US unit....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- US craft spirits could be as big as craft beer
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends