AUS: Foster's to launch low-carb beers
Foster's will this month launch two new low-carbohydrate beers to capitalise on the success of its Pure Blonde brand.
The mid-strength Pure Blonde Naked will go on sale in Queensland and the Northern Territory, the biggest markets for mid-strength beer, from next week.
It will be followed later this month by Natural Blonde, a no-additive, no-preservative, low-carb beer.
Meanwhile, rival Lion Nathan has launched another low-carb brand with Tooheys White Stag, which retails for A$14.99 per six-pack.
The controversial Australian 'alcopops' tax has been defeated by the country's Senate this week. Michelle Russell looks at the fallout....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Murray Valley Winegrowers has suggested that Foster's Group look to sell two of its vineyards in the region to the Australian government....
Foster's has appointed Pernod Ricard USA's general manager for wine and Champagne, Stephen Brauer, as its new managing director of Foster's Americas....
The Distilled Spirits Industry Council of Australia (DSICA) has followed Foster's Group in pledging to donate any tax refunds they receive in the country to DrinkWise Australia....
Australia's Foster's Group has said it intends to donate its refund from the country's collapsed RTD tax hike to alcohol and health initiatives....
Altia and Grupo Codorníu has signed a deal for the distribution of the Spanish wine company's brands in Sweden, Norway, Finland, Estonia, Latvia and the Baltic sea travel retail markets....
Molson Coors has said that its interest in Foster's has not changed, following the Australian group's announcement that it will not sell off its wine business....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- Work begins on Glasgow distillery
- Sapporo’s Sapporo Premium Black - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages