US: Foster's Group recruits ex-Constellation exec
Foster's Group has appointed the ex-head of Constellation Wines in Australia, John Grant, as vice president of its California wine division.
Grant will be based out of Foster's North American headquarters in Napa Valley and will be responsible for directing all activities of Foster’s California sales teams and distributor management within the state, said Foster's Wine Estates Americas yesterday (31 March).
A spokesperson for Foster's told just-drinks that the role is a newly created position, reflecting the importance of the California market.
Constellation Brands announced in October 2009 that Grant would be leaving the business.
He held the post of president of Constellation Wines Australia for two-and-a-half years until a reshuffle of the business saw the role handed to Constellation Europe president Troy Christensen - who has combined both positions.
Grant became president of regional estates in Australia as a result of the reshuffle.
"John is a highly skilled leader with a proven record of building high performance teams and winning where he competes,” said Mike Holden, senior vice president of sales at Foster's Wine Estates America.
Molson Coors has declined to comment on further developments suggesting that it has dropped its interest in Foster's Group....
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- Diageo nears wine exit with Acacia sale to Peju
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research