US: Foster’s appoints sommelier to head up Wine Estates
Fred Dame is appointed vice president of luxury sales
Foster’s Wine Estates has appointed master sommelier Fred Dame as its vice president of luxury sales.
Dame will head-up the selling division of Foster’s US-based unit, and will have management responsibility for Foster's brands, including Beringer and Penfolds.
He will report to Mike Holden, senior vice president of sales, the firm said today (19 May).
“Few people know more about selling fine wine than Fred,” said Holden. “He is greatly respected in the wine business and he aligns perfectly with our luxury portfolio. We are extremely excited to have him join the Foster’s team.”
Dame will be based out of Foster’s North American headquarters in the Napa Valley.
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Comment - SABMiller and Diageo: A Tie-Up Too Far
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK
- William Grant & Sons boosts Travel Retail team