FRANCE: Flat Q3 fails to lift Laurent-Perrier YTD sales
Laurent-Perrier saw its sales improve very slightly in Q3
Laurent-Perrier has posted flat sales in its fiscal third quarter, with year-to-date sales figures staying in the red.
The publicly-listed Champagne house said late yesterday (12 February) that sales in the three months to the end of December inched up by 0.1% year-on-year, totalling EUR88.7m (US$120.8m). The performance marked an improvement on the first six months of the company's fiscal year, when sales were down by 5.6%.
Due to the poor first half, however, sales in the nine months to the end of December fell by 2.9% to EUR178.8m.
"Third-quarter activity benefited from continued strong demand from outside Europe, and especially from the US and Japan," said Laurent-Perrier yesterday. "Shipments to Europe, and to the UK and Germany in particular, have started to recover."
Looking at the final quarter of the fiscal year, the company said it "expects to continue improving its performance", with its hopes pinned on markets outside Europe, "which generally make a greater contribution to brand turnover at this time of year".
Laurent-Perrier will announce its full-year results on 27 May.
In June last year, the company posted a slight rise in full-year sales, although profits were down by almost 7%.
To read yesterday's statement, click here.
This latest edition of the global market review of Champagne delves into the current situation in 11 main markets, plus some of the smaller and emerging ones. It highlights the issues, trends and futu...
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global wine market during July 2014. Summary Usi...
This definitive report on the second largest beverage category by volume considers every aspect of this increasingly controversial category and its competitive circumstances. Its detailed analysis cov...
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Inver House Distillers posts FY profits leap
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research