UK: Fentimans recalls bottles over breakage concerns
Soft drinks producer Fentimans has had to recall some of its products in the UK over “weakness” in its glass bottles.
The company is recalling certain batches of its Ginger Beer, Curiosity Cola and Dandelion & Burdock in 75cl bottles as a “precautionary measure”, the UK's Food Standards Agency said yesterday (29 August). The agency, which issued the product recall notice, said the weakness could cause the bottles to break.
“Point-of-sale notices will ... be issued to all their (Fentimans') customers to display in-store, explaining the reason for the recall and the actions consumers can take if they have bought the affected product(s),” the FSA said.
No other Fentimans products are known to be affected, the agency said.
For details of the affected batches, click here.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends