BRAZIL: Femsa invests BRL1m in Paraná site
According to local reports in Brazil, Latin American beer force Femsa has invested BRL1m (US$500,000) in developing its brewery at Ponta Grossa in Paraná state, adding a new production line for 30-litre and 50-litre kegs.
The addition of the new line is aimed at keeping pace with rising demand in the region. The Paraná unit already produces beer in 600ml bottles, 350ml cans and 355ml long-neck bottles.
Femsa Cerveja Brasil has eight production units in Brazil, with a total capacity of 19m hectolitres a year.
Sectors: Beer & cider
Two names have surfaced as in the running for Coca-Cola Amatil's South Korean operations....
Coca-Cola FEMSA has signed a deal with Electronic Data Systems to grow IT services and support company expansion plans....
FEMSA has posted a slight lift in sales , but a dip in net profit for the first three months of 2007....
Mexican beverage group Fomento Economico Mexicano (FEMSA) has launched a non-alcoholic beer in the Mexican market, according to local reports....
Heineken and FEMSA have extended their import and distribution agreement in the US....
Coca-Cola Femsa is the latest company to step back from the pending sale of Coca-Cola Amatil's South Korean operations....
Coca-Cola Amatil is hoping to recoup A$700m (US$585m) from its South Korean bottling operations....
Heineken has remained tight-lipped on claims that it is set to extend its import agreement in the US with FEMSA....
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Wm Grant redesigns Glenfiddich 21yo Gran Reserva
- Consumers want brands that challenge them - study
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends