Product Launch - UK: Fair Horizons Fairtrade wine
A snapshot of the new Fair Horizons brand
Wine merchant Matthew Clark is to begin selling the new Fair Horizons Fairtrade wine range from Origin Wines to the UK on-trade.
Category - Fairtrade certified, South African wine
Available - 6 April 2010
Location - restaurants, bars, pubs and hotels in the UK
Price - GBP62 (US$93) per 12-bottle case (from Matthew Clark)
Distribution - Matthew Clark
The range consists of a Pinotage Rose, a Sauvignon Blanc and a Cabernet Sauvignon/Petit Verdot blend.
"Our aim is to help the catering and hospitality sector understand just how good Fairtrade wines can be," said Martin Allen, national accounts manager at Origin Wines UK.
"These are really good wines for the on trade that also make a difference to peoples’ lives."
Origin Wines' flagship brand, Fairhills, has generated more than GBP850,000 for Fairtrade projects across South Africa, Argentina and Chile since 2005, said the company.
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Martell's CEO & chairman, Philippe Guettat
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- A-B InBev snaps up Bogotá Beer Co in Colombia
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Beam Suntory defeats 'handmade' lawsuit
- Bacardi widens Craigellachie footprint to Asia
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets