AUS/US: Evans & Tate outlines Yarraman offer
Evans & Tate has outlined the terms of the latest takeover bid from Yarraman Winery as the two companies embark on a period of due diligence.
In a statement to the Australian Stock Exchange today (22 February), E&T gave details of Yarraman's proposal to which the Australian wine group has given "tentative" agreement.
Under Yarraman's proposal, E&T shareholders would be given one Yarraman share for every 6.75 of their shares. Yarraman also plans to finance E&T's A$90m (US$70.9m) debt with ANZ Bank with A$80m in cash and A$17.3m in Yarrman preference shares.
Yarraman is in independent talks with ANZ over E&T's debt. The company said the bank has approved its takeover plan "in principle". In all, Yarraman's proposal values E&T at A$148.3m.
Earlier this week, E&T chairman John Hopkins called the company's tentative agreement "a flashing amber light" to Yarraman's plans. He said E&T would study Yarraman's proposal to see if its debt provider is "ready, willing and able" to cover the West Australia-based company's debts.
E&T has had a tough 18 months, announcing a series of losses, write-downs and winery sales as the business was hit by Australia's wine glut.
In December, Yarraman CEO Wayne Rockall told just-drinks he is hopeful an acquisition of E&T would be "the first of several" the company makes throughout New World wine territories.
Evans & Tate has placed trading in its shares in a voluntary halt....
The son of the founder of Evans & Tate has retired from the Australian wine company....
Yarraman Winery is set to return with yet another offer for Evans & Tate, according to local reports....
Cheviot Bridge has backed out of the race for troubled Australian wine company Evans & Tate....
The troubled Australian wine company Evans & Tate (ETW) has received a merger offer from the West Australian wine producer Ferngrove Vineyards....
Debt-stricken winemaker Evans & Tate appears set to escape financial collapse after its bankers agreed to a financial restructure today (18 June)....
Speculation has surfaced again suggesting that Yarraman Winery is considering another bid for Australian wine group Evans & Tate....
Evans & Tate has hit another bump in its attempts to restructure. The ailing Australian wine company still believes, however, that an alternative path can be found....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report