EUROPE: EU vineyard area 2007-2010 - Stats
France, Italy and Spain have joined forces to warn about the dangers of a wine glut in the European Union if vine planting restrictions are relaxed. Here, just-drinks brings you data on how the EU vineyard area has evolved since 2007.
See below for an at-a-glance bar chart and, further down, for a more detailed chart. Data is supplied by the International Organisation for Vine and Wine. Figures are in hectares.
To operate the visual below, you will need Java installed on your computer. If you have this, or after you have installed it, click once anywhere inside the box below. Hover the cursor over the bubbles to see precise figures. To look at different years, select the year in the text box bottom left.
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Inver House Distillers posts FY profits leap
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research