UK: E&J Gallo Winery announces sales staff changes
Sales changes at Gallo
E&J Gallo Winery has confirmed a handful of changes in its European sales unit.
The US-based wine giant said today (15 June) that, in the UK, Mark Stammers has been promoted to the role of UK grocery channel controller. Stammers, who replaces Nick Elkin in the post, has worked for Gallo for 12 years, managing accounts including Tesco UK & Ireland, Sainsbury’s and Asda.
Elkin, meanwhile, has moved to fill the newly-created post of regional sales director for Western Europe, responsible for Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, Belgium, Italy and the Netherlands.
Charles Yates will become national account manager for the UK on-trade, while Andy White will replace him as national account manager for the country's impulse channel.
Finally, Mark Tinsley, the regional sales director for the UK & Ireland, has expanded his responsibilities to take on accountability for the Middle East and Africa markets.
The changes have come about as Gallo looks to “to build strong, sustainable and mutually profitable partnerships in the European markets”, the firm said.
Back in March, Gallo said that the general manager of its EMEA (Europe, the Middle East and Africa) division, George Marsden, will move back to the US this month.
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends