UK: E&J Gallo Winery announces sales staff changes
Sales changes at Gallo
E&J Gallo Winery has confirmed a handful of changes in its European sales unit.
The US-based wine giant said today (15 June) that, in the UK, Mark Stammers has been promoted to the role of UK grocery channel controller. Stammers, who replaces Nick Elkin in the post, has worked for Gallo for 12 years, managing accounts including Tesco UK & Ireland, Sainsbury’s and Asda.
Elkin, meanwhile, has moved to fill the newly-created post of regional sales director for Western Europe, responsible for Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, Belgium, Italy and the Netherlands.
Charles Yates will become national account manager for the UK on-trade, while Andy White will replace him as national account manager for the country's impulse channel.
Finally, Mark Tinsley, the regional sales director for the UK & Ireland, has expanded his responsibilities to take on accountability for the Middle East and Africa markets.
The changes have come about as Gallo looks to “to build strong, sustainable and mutually profitable partnerships in the European markets”, the firm said.
Back in March, Gallo said that the general manager of its EMEA (Europe, the Middle East and Africa) division, George Marsden, will move back to the US this month.
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research