RUSSIA: Efes to brew Russian brands in Moldova
Efes Breweries International is to produce its most popular Russian beers at its plant in Moldova, the company said today (15 November).
EBI, the fourth largest brewer in Russia, will produce the Stary Melnik, Beliy Medved and Sokol in Moldova to meet growing demand for the brews in the former Soviet state.
A company spokesman told just-drinks that EBI sold 30m litres of the three brands outside Russia last year, although he declined to give specific figures on the Moldovan market.
The spokesman refused to be drawn on Russian reports that EBI is set to win the licence to brew Mexican beer Sol in Russia. A report in Russian newspaper Vedomosti today (15 November) said that EBI had agreed a deal with Sol's owner, Mexican drinks group FEMSA.
The spokesman said: "Efes always looks for new possibilities to expand its brand portfolio according to the demand from the consumers. Mexican Sol is among those new candidates."
Two names have surfaced as in the running for Coca-Cola Amatil's South Korean operations....
Coca-Cola FEMSA has signed a deal with Electronic Data Systems to grow IT services and support company expansion plans....
FEMSA has posted a slight lift in sales , but a dip in net profit for the first three months of 2007....
Mexican beverage group Fomento Economico Mexicano (FEMSA) has launched a non-alcoholic beer in the Mexican market, according to local reports....
Heineken and FEMSA have extended their import and distribution agreement in the US....
Coca-Cola Femsa is the latest company to step back from the pending sale of Coca-Cola Amatil's South Korean operations....
Coca-Cola Amatil is hoping to recoup A$700m (US$585m) from its South Korean bottling operations....
Heineken has remained tight-lipped on claims that it is set to extend its import agreement in the US with FEMSA....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages