INDIA: Edrington launches Black Grouse in India
The Edrington Group has launched its Black Grouse whisky in India.
The Black Grouse will initially be available in Delhi, with launches in other cities to follow, the company said today (8 October).
Derek Brown, brand heritage director for The Famous Grouse said the whisky is a "welcome addition" to The Famous Grouse range.
"We are seeing a trend towards fuller flavoured whiskies and we feel The Black Grouse delivers this on all levels. It will give drinkers keen to embrace a stronger peated whisky the opportunity to try this from a trusted premium brand," he added.
The Black Grouse comes in a 1 litre bottle and is priced at INR2,250 (US$48.51).
Launching The Black Grouse, Paramjit Singh, director - India and area countries, said: "The Indian consumers have an affinity towards smoky and peated whisky. The Black Grouse will appeal to their palettes and we are certain that it will be both enjoyed and appreciated."
Last month The Edrington Group launched a limited edition carton for its Famous Grouse Scotch whisky brand in the run-up to Christmas.
Just over 120,000 cartons will be created and predominantly distributed in the UK, South Africa, Russia and Portugal.
Scottish brewer Innis & Gunn is planning to expand in the US after reporting strong sales for its beer both in the UK and abroad in 2009....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
Diageo is to launch an Easter marketing campaign around its spirits portfolio in the UK....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends