Product Launch - GLOBAL: Edrington Group's Highland Park 50 Year Old
Edrington Group's Highland Park 50 Year Old
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, single malt, 44.8% abv
Available - 275 bottles. Exclusively in Harrods, London, until end of October, then to be launched worldwide
Location - Luxury and specialist retailers and top hotels
Price - GBP10,000 (US$15,700) per 70cl bottle
Distribution - Maxxium in the UK and worldwide via the Edrington Group and Beam Global Spirits & Wine distribution alliance
This is the oldest whisky to be released by Edrington from the Orkney-based Highland Park distillery. Its pure silver bottle design was devised by Scottish artist Maeve Gillies and produced by silversmith Jonathan Winter.
Matthew Turner, global controller of Highland Park, said: “The success of Highland Park’s 30 and 40 Year Old single malts, coupled with the distillery’s enviable position of having aged whisky stocks available, has enabled Highland Park to meet increasing demand for exclusive bottlings."
Brand ambassador Gerry Tosh told just-drinks at the launch party in Harrods last night (30 September) that the majority of Highland Park 50 sales are expected to be made in the UK, US and mainland Europe, including Russia.
A recent product extension in the Scotch whisky category has caught Richard Woodard's eye this month. While the move is certainly a positive in its use of innovation, it also shows how difficult it is...
The Edrington Group and Rémy Cointreau Travel Retail Americas (RCTRA) have created the position of trade marketing manager & brand ambassador in their Americas travel retail division....
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Heineken to cut jobs in global shake-up
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Heineken N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly