UK: Edrington Group master blender retires
The Edrington Group's master blender, John Ramsay, is to retire, the Scotch whisky group has announced.
Ramsay, who will step down on 31 July, will be replaced by Gordon Motion, who has worked as master blender designate at Edrington since March 2007 as part of a handover process, the firm said today (15 July).
Ramsay said: ""Looking back there are a number of highlights that really stand out, from creating Highland Park 18, 25 and most recently 40 year old expressions and moving The Glenrothes whisky to a vintage."
Motion has been with Edrington since 1998, when he joined as its whisky quality technologist.
Earlier this month, Edrington reported a 44% rise in net sales and a 30% leap in pre-tax profits for its fiscal full-year.
The one consistent prediction coming from everyone's crystal ball is that 2010 is going to be a tough year for the global wine industry. Chris Losh, however, believes that the next 12 months will stil...
Growth in both the global spirits and wine categories is expected to slow markedly in the five years to 2013, according to new research....
Like the other sectors of our industry, the economy cast a shadow over the spirits category in 2009. The aftershocks of the downturn spread around the world, with Scotland appearing to be the epicentr...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Today, it's the Top Ten Most Read Interviews of 2009....
Drinks industry leaders have rejected claims by a powerful group of MPs that the UK needs a minimum price on alcohol and that drinks makers have too much influence on Government policy....
Highland Spring has appointed Simon Oldham as its UK group sales director....
Irish whiskey manufacturer Cooley Distillery has signed a distribution agreement with Haleybrooke International for the North American travel retail market....
As the decade draws to a close and just-drinks reflects on its first ten years of publication, our editorial team picks the ten stories that defined the noughties for the drinks industry and shaped ou...
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Bacardi recruits ex-News International exec
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends