UK: DTI go-ahead for Wiseman bid
The government has cleared the way for Robert Wiseman Dairies' to bid for Unigate's milk and cheese business. Trade and Industry Secretary, Stephen Byers, has decided not to refer the East Kilbride-based company's £225m offer to the Competition Commission. A formal offer from Robert Wiseman is now thought to be imminent. Unigate had agreed to sell its operations to dairy product firm Dairy Crest for £220m. In a statement last month, Unigate said: "Whilst continuing to fulfil its obligations under the merger agreement with Dairy Crest, the board is now also in discussions with Robert Wiseman regarding its offer."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Craft more about stories than M&A for Diageo
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review