US: DS Waters allies with Primo Waters in distribution deal
DS Waters was taken over in September
DS Waters of America has signed off another deal in the wake of its takeover by a private-equity firm.
The Atlanta-based bottled water supplier, which was bought by Crestview Partners in September, said yesterday (12 November) it will be the primary bottling and distribution partner in the US for Primo Water. Primo, meanwhile, will take over DS Waters' five-gallon retail exchange customers.
Last month DS Waters acquired Wurth Bottling Corp's Gold Springs Premium Spring Water Co for an undisclosed sum.
Primo chairman & CEO Billy Prim said of the new partnership: “We are combining the strengths of two great companies. Primo has extensive knowledge of retail exchange while DS Waters has one of the largest bottling and distribution systems in the industry.”
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- India overtakes France for Pernod Ricard
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research