EUROPE/US: Drinks industry EPSs cut for 2004
ABN AMRO has cut its 2004 earnings per share (EPS) forecasts across the European beverages industry. The cuts, announced today, have been introduced due to the weakness of the US dollar.
In a research note reported by Reuters today, the bank said: "The dollar has now fallen 36% against the euro in the past two years. The sharp slide in the past two months has occurred since the last time many of the companies in the sector reported results."
Heineken has seen its EPS cut more than other brewers in the sector, as its beer is made in The Netherlands, meaning its euro costs on its US exports are higher but the value of its dollar sales are lower. Its EPS has been cut 7.5%.
AMRO cut its EPS estimate for Remy Cointreau by 18% after the company posted its results in December.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Diageo's Smirnoff Signatures line of premixed cocktails is now available nationwide in the US....
Diageo is poised to cut back its presence in Germany, according to local reports....
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
Heineken Espana is looking to invest heavily in a new plant in southern Spain....
Diageo North America has poached a senior executive from General Motors....
Montana, the UK's leading New Zealand wine brand by volume and value, is to launch a its first consumer press campaign in April 2005 which will run for a minimum of four months. ...
Grupo Empresarial Bavaria is not looking to sell up, its president has confirmed....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer