UK: Drinkaware appoints new chief executive
Drinkaware has appointed a new chief executive
The UK alcohol industry-funded charity Drinkaware has appointed a new chief executive, to start in January.
Elaine Hindal has been appointed by the group to replace Chris Sorek, it announced today (23 October). Sorek returned to his native US in the Summer.
For the past three years, Hindal has worked as director of advocacy and communication at the Children's Society. Prior to that, she held senior positions at Nokia, Cadbury Schweppes and The Coca–Cola Co. She is also a trustee of the Brain Research Trust.
Hindal said: “I am thrilled to be joining Drinkaware at this time, and by the opportunity to lead the organisation through the next phase of its strategic development, which will continue to build Drinkaware as an independent and authoritative contributor to the complex issue of alcohol harm.”
Derek Lewis, Drinkaware's chairman, added: “Elaine’s experience in both the charity and commercial sectors is especially relevant as Drinkaware enlists support from our wide range of stakeholders for its future direction. She will lead a very committed team who welcome her to this important position.”
The concentrates market remains in rude health, with both developed and emerging markets for soft drinks offering great rewards. Here, Jonas Feliciano from Euromonitor takes a closer look at the categ...
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Bacardi cuts jobs at Global Brands unit
- Diageo targets Millennials with DeLeon ads
- Belvedere unveils executive team