US: Dr Pepper Snapple Group reaquires Asia-Pacific distribution
DPSG wants a stronger foothold in the region
Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPSG) is to take back the distribution rights to its Snapple brand in key Asia-Pacific markets
The company said today (4 March) it has agreed with current distributor Mondeléz International to reacquire the rights to the juice brand in Australia, Malaysia, Singapore, China, Hong Kong, Japan and South Korea. It will also buy back distribution rights for Mott’s, Mr & Mrs T, Clamato, Mistic, Holland House and Yoo-hoo brands in Australia, the company said.
“Obtaining the distribution rights to Snapple and other brands in Asia-Pacific gives us a foothold in a growing market that we can tap for future development,” said Jim Johnston, DPSG's president for beverage concentrates and Latin America beverages.
No financial details have been disclosed.
On Friday, DPSG said it bought Nevada bottler Dr Pepper/7-UP Bottling Company of the West.
Companies: Dr Pepper Snapple Group
Struggling sales for diet soft drinks should see a new wave of innovation break over the category. Tom Vierhile reports....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends