US: Dr Pepper Snapple Group calls for CSD "reinvigoration" as FY rises, just
- Full-year net profits inch up by 3.8% to US$629m
- Net sales in 2012 come in flat, up by 1.6% to $6.0bn
- Operating profits rise by 6.6% to 1.09bn
- Total volumes slip by 2% in FY, CSDs flat
Dr Pepper Snapple Group posted its full-year results earlier today
Dr Pepper Snapple Group has said that the carbonated soft drinks segment needs "reinvigorating", after it posted a slight lift in its full-year numbers.
The US-based soft drinks firm said earlier today (13 February) that net profits in the 12 months of 2012 came in 3.8% up on the corresponding period a year ago, at US$629m. Net sales in 2012 inched up by 1.6% to $6.0bn, as operating profits increased by 6.6% to 1.09bn.
However, total volumes in the full-year dipped by 2%, with CSDs coming in flat.
For the last three months of 2012, net profits were up by 2.4% at $170m on the back of a 1.6% rise in sales, to $1.48bn. Operating profits performed batter, increasing by 7.8% to $292m.
Company president & CEO Larry Young said: "Moving forward, nothing is more important than reinvigorating the CSD category and giving lapsed consumers a reason to come back to the brands they know and love."
Young also took the opportunity to highlight the company's recently-launched Ten range as offering growth for the future.
"These products have been well-received by both consumers and our retail and bottling partners and, collectively with Dr Pepper Ten, give us great confidence that we can bring excitement and lapsed users back to the category.”
Looking to 2013, DPSG said it expects to deliver full-year net sales growth of around 3%.
The company's share price opened down this morning, slipping by 6.4% to $42.48 at 0933 EST.
To read the company's official statement, click here.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group formed after the company was spun off from its parent Cadbury Schweppes in 2008. It brings together the former Dr Pepper/Seven Up Inc, Snapple Beverage Group, Mott’s LLP and Be...
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report