SOUTH AFRICA: Distell dual legal battle continues
Distell this month continues its fight for survival as a merged company while battling to retain the rights to produce and market Martell brandy in South Africa. This dual battle has been raging since last November, and continues in the Cape High Court on 29 May when Distell asks for leave to appeal the findings in the Martell case. Meanwhile, notice to appeal against the findings of the Competition Tribunal has already been lodged with the Competition Appeal Court in Pretoria.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head