SOUTH AFRICA: Distell divests of Bols range
Distell will be divesting of this important brand, including Bols Brandy, the tenth biggest brandy in South Africa, which has a 3% share of the market, as of 1 September 2001.
Edward Snell & Co of Cape Town has won the contract to produce and distribute the 10 products in the range. Some of the products are imported. David Hooper, MD of Edward Snell & Co was not available for comment.
"Bols brandy is well established and one of the leading brandies in this country, but a rapidly changing business environment has meant that our respective priorities have diverged to such an extent that we have agreed to go our separate ways," said André Steyn, corporate affairs manager for Distell.
"We had a very good relationship, but each of us has to look after our own interests, and we part company on the best of terms," said Klaas Zaalberg, Bols Regional Director for Africa.
Steyn said there were no plans to divest of any other Distell product ranges.
French drinks giant Rémy Cointreau has put its Bols business up for sale....
Distell's broad-based black economic empowerment deal will cost about R870m (US$137m), but the new partners will be locked into an eight to 10 year agreement before any dividends are realised....
Distell today announced its broad-based transformation plans between a black economic empowerment group, certain employees and a corporate social investment trust (CSI Trust)....
Distell has appointed Don Gallow as its new director of international operations, in place of Etienne Heyns who left the company two weeks ago. ...
Central European Distribution Corporation has completed its acquisition of Botapol Holding B.V., which owns 100% of the outstanding shares of Bols Sp. z o.o....
Distell's headline earnings have rocketed by 34.5% to ZAR482.2m (US$75.2m) for the year to 30 June, thanks to improved performance from all the company's assets....
The drinks distributor, Central European Distribution Company (CEDC), has announced that it has received approval from Poland's anti-monopoly regulator for its acquisition of Bols Sp. z o.o....
The Distell Group has advised its investors on the JSE Securities Exchange that, compared to 2003/4, its earnings per share and headline earnings would increase by between 25% and 35% for the year to ...
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- The new Johnnie Walker ad and today's consumers
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- Moet Hennessy hails Formula One deal for Chandon
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research