GLOBAL: Distell adds Amarula to World Cup tie-up
Amarula will be an officially licensed product of this year's World Cup
Distell has secured FIFA World Cup sponsorship for another of its drinks brands.
The South African firm, which signed a deal with FIFA a year ago to become an official supplier for this year's World Cup, this week launched limited edition packaging for its Amarula cream liqueur brand.
The packaging uses the World Cup Trophy in gold as a centrepiece against a black backdrop.
Amarula will be be an official licensed product of the football tournament, which takes place in South Africa in June and July.
Financial details behind the tie-up were not disclosed.
Last July, Distell released a limited edition range of Nederburg-branded wines in the UK and other countries, as part of the deal with FIFA. The single varietals are Cabernet Sauvignon, Sauvignon Blanc and Rosé and will be available until the end of this year, with a recommended retail price of GBP6.99 (US$10.60) each.
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report