GLOBAL: Distell adds Amarula to World Cup tie-up
Amarula will be an officially licensed product of this year's World Cup
Distell has secured FIFA World Cup sponsorship for another of its drinks brands.
The South African firm, which signed a deal with FIFA a year ago to become an official supplier for this year's World Cup, this week launched limited edition packaging for its Amarula cream liqueur brand.
The packaging uses the World Cup Trophy in gold as a centrepiece against a black backdrop.
Amarula will be be an official licensed product of the football tournament, which takes place in South Africa in June and July.
Financial details behind the tie-up were not disclosed.
Last July, Distell released a limited edition range of Nederburg-branded wines in the UK and other countries, as part of the deal with FIFA. The single varietals are Cabernet Sauvignon, Sauvignon Blanc and Rosé and will be available until the end of this year, with a recommended retail price of GBP6.99 (US$10.60) each.
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Comment - SABMiller and Diageo: A Tie-Up Too Far
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- SABMiller launches Grolsch in a jar - video