AUS: Director to leave Coca-Cola Amatil as review kicks in
CCA announced its strategic review last month
Coca-Cola Amatil's (CCA) Australian beverage MD is to be the first senior director to leave the company since a restructuring was announced.
John Murphy, who joined CCA in 2010 from Foster's, will leave at the end of next month, CCA's chief executive, Alison Watkins, said today (12 May). Watkins said Murphy “agreed that there are no suitable positions within the new organisation and has decided to leave CCA”.
The move comes a month after Watkins announced a strategic review as she warned first-half underlying operating profits were to drop by 15%. CCA has been hit by difficult trading conditions in the Australian grocery channel, with a major write-down for its canned fruit and vegetable unit also hampering performance.
As well as Murphy's departure, the first phase of the review will see CCA's Australian non-alcoholic beverages business and the licensed and alcohol business units report separately to Watkins, who took over from Terry Davis in February.
CCA New Zealand’s head, Barry O’Connell, will become MD for Australian non-alcoholic beverages, while Shane Richardson will continue as director for licensed & alcohol. Chris Litchfield, CCA New Zealand’s sales director, will be acting head of New Zealand & Fiji until a permanent replacement is found, CCA said. The changes will take place on 1 June.
Watkins said of the restructuring: “Our core non-alcoholic beverages business unit will require strong leadership and close alignment with our partner The Coca Cola Co to execute against an agreed strategy which will leverage CCA’s strengths and drive transformational change.”
Last year, CCA re-entered the Australian beer and cider market, and announced a number of new distribution tie-ups with Molson Coors and Swedish cider Rekorderlig.
Cider Market in West Europe to 2019: Market Guide
Synopsis Canadean’s, "Cider Market in West Europe to 2019: Market Guide" provides a snapshot of the Cider consumption in West Europe. The quantitative data in the report provides historic and forecast...read more
Coca-Cola Amatil Limited (CCL) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled...
TCCC has made significant changes in its bottling operations, which is highlighted in its re-franchising in the NA bottling operations and the birth of the new CCE in WE. Coca-Cola FEMSA’s string of a...
This future-looking global report offers a concise, short-form, visual guide to this key CPG category. It provides a market overview, a review of the big stories affecting the category, a key section...
Coca-Cola Amatil's (CCA) launch of Coca-Cola Life in Australia is the first round in a fight to entice consumers back into the CSD category with natural sweeteners, the company has said....
The Australian water cooler market stood at 340,000 units installed at the end of 2012. The market is still dominated by bottled water coolers, with over 65% share, but their number has fallen in the ...
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research