UK: Diageo/S&N joint bid for Foster's rumour after share hike
Shares in Foster's Brewing Group, like Southcorp only a few weeks ago, have seen a surge in value of 7% after two days of heavy trading, prompting speculation two UK drinks companies are mounting a takeover bid. Speculation in Australia has centred on a surprise joint bid between the wine and spirit giant Diageo and the UK's leading brewer Scottish & Newcastle (S&N). Reports have suggested that Diageo would take the wine division, Beringer Blass, while S&N would acquire the Foster's brewing division.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research