UK: Diageo/S&N joint bid for Foster's rumour after share hike
Shares in Foster's Brewing Group, like Southcorp only a few weeks ago, have seen a surge in value of 7% after two days of heavy trading, prompting speculation two UK drinks companies are mounting a takeover bid. Speculation in Australia has centred on a surprise joint bid between the wine and spirit giant Diageo and the UK's leading brewer Scottish & Newcastle (S&N). Reports have suggested that Diageo would take the wine division, Beringer Blass, while S&N would acquire the Foster's brewing division.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials