Product Launch - US: Diageo's Smirnoff Ice Black
Click through to view Diageo's Smirnoff Ice Black
Category - FMB, 8% abv
Available - From this month
Location - US, nation-wide
Price - SRP of US$1.69 per 16oz can and $2.69 per 23.5oz can
Smirnoff Ice Black is the third offering in Smirnoff's line of flavoured malt beverages (FMB), joining Smirnoff Ice and Smirnoff Premium Malt Mixed Drinks. It will be available in lemon lime, fruit punch and watermelon flavours.
The company is hoping to steal market share from the beer category with the new product during the summer.
"Smirnoff Ice Black flavoured malt beverages … are noticeably different from products traditionally launched by the brand," said Heather Boyd, brand director for progressive adult beverages at Diageo-Guinness USA. "These differences cater to and resonate with legal drinking age adult males that are looking for more bold and flavourful alternatives when it comes to beer.”
Distribution for the 16oz cans is limited to Iowa, Kentucky, South Carolina, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Virginia, Oregon, New Mexico and Alabama.
You'll have seen, I'm sure, the wave upon wave of Diageo-related speculation in recent months regarding the company's relationships with both the owners of Jose Cuervo Tequila and India's United Spiri...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Analysis - Cider's Campaign Gains
- Analysis - SABMiller's LatAm aim? Drink more beer
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Pernod Ricard appoints Absolut Vodka VP
- Beam Suntory to re-package Courvoisier Cognac
- Edrington posts FY profits drop
- TWE, Pernod hail China-Aus FTA
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beer, 2014 and the future