Product Launch - AUS: Diageo's Smirnoff Double Black
Click through to view Diageo's Smirnoff Double Black
Category - Spirits, vodka, 40% abv
Available - From this month
Location - Australia, nation-wide, on- and off-trade
Price - Not specified, available in 70cl bottles
Distribution - Diageo
The Australian division of Diageo has launched an extension of the company's Smirnoff vodka brand in Australia. Smirnoff Double Black is “double freeze filtered”, and has been released to capitalise on the Smirnoff Ice Double Black RTD variant in Australia.
The release will be backed by an advertising campaign across the country, which will be the only market for Smirnoff Double Black.
Last month, Diageo confirmed a change of global brand director for Smirnoff. Matt Bruhn, the former marketing & innovation director for Diageo in Australia, started in the role this week.
Introducing Smirnoff Double Black vodka – double freeze filtered vodka with the quality of Smirnoff No. 21 vodka in a bold black finish
As it aims to maintain its position as the market leader in the full strength bottle spirit (FSBS) category, Diageo Australia is making its mark with a bold new innovation, Smirnoff Double Black vodka (ABV 40%) - double freeze filtered vodka with the quality of Smirnoff No.21 vodka.
Available on and off-premise nationwide from late October, Smirnoff Double Black vodka will take inspiration from the enormous success experienced by the Smirnoff Ice Double Black ready-to-drink variant, which remains one of the leading beverages in the white spirit pre-mix category.
Smirnoff Double Black vodka will make a unique statement on-shelf and in-bar with a striking black 700ml bottle design, bringing it to the front of mind for customers and consumers alike.
The release of Smirnoff Double Black vodka is set to become the fastest distribution ever for Diageo Australia, with the new SKUs planned to be ranging across stores nationally in under four weeks.
Additionally, Smirnoff Double Black vodka will make its mark with a large investment in what is set to be a truly integrated advertising campaign. At launch, mass scale communications and visibility of the product will drive traffic to stores and in on-premise venues. By doing so, Diageo Australia aims to build continued support post-launch to foster repeat purchases.
Adam Ballesty, Marketing Manager – Vodka, Diageo Australia said: “As the number one vodka brand globally, we're aiming to grow the category and view Smirnoff Double Black as the most significant development in the vodka market in recent years. This premium offering is designed for those trade-up occasions, providing our consumers the chance to make a statement, and offering customers a real opportunity to drive incremental sales.”
Original source: Company Release
While many drinks companies have highlighted Africa as a continent that offers huge potential, the region is not without its well-documented perils and pitfalls. Most notable among these is the logist...
For as long as many of us can remember, international spirits has been a profitable category for investors....
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- The global tailwinds behind Heineken - Analysis
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends