Product Launch - UK: Diageo's Pimm's Blackberry and Elderflower
Click through to view Diageo's Pimm's Blackberry and Elderflower
Category - Spirits, liqueur, flavoured, 20% abv
Available - From end of this month
Location - UK, nation-wide
Price - SRP of GBP15.49 (US$23.73) for 70cl bottle
Distribution - Diageo
Diageo has launched a flavoured extension to its Pimm's range in time for the summer.
Pimm's Blackberry and Elderflower will be supported by a digital and print advertising campaign, Diageo said today (19 April). A premix format will also be available in the off-trade. It contains a mix of the new variant with lemonade.
Diageo also said it plans to launch a Pimm's TV ad next month.
Diageo yesterday posted its YTD results, with net sales up by 5%.
Pimm’s®, the traditionally British brand from Diageo, is launching a new Blackberry and Elderflower variant to drive incremental sales throughout the summer period and beyond. This is the first time the brand has launched a special edition variant and the launch will be supported by an integrated marketing campaign, which includes a digital and print advertising campaign, point of sale in the on and off Trade, as well as targeting 250,000 Facebook fans with bespoke content.
The special edition Pimm’s® Blackberry and Elderflower - a blend of Pimm’s® No.6 Vodka Cup with the quintessentially British flavours of blackberry and elderflower, a perfect pairing with the Pimm’s® brand - will be available in 70cl and 1L formats across all channels from the end of April. In addition, a premix format will be available to the off-trade, which contains a mix of the new variant with lemonade. The launch of Pimm’s® Blackberry and Elderflower aims to drive incremental category value from both new and existing Pimm’s® shoppers, who are looking to try something new
Sarah Gilligan, Pimm’s® Brand Manager at Diageo, says: “Pimm’s® is the perfect sharing drink and is considered an integral part of the Great British summertime, which explains why it makes up 20% of the speciality drinks category[1
“In a summer lacking in big national events, our delicious new Blackberry and Elderflower innovation provides the perfect opportunity for retailers to maximise their spirits sales and capitalise on the summer occasion. The launch also allows retailers to tap into the potential sales opportunities of the speciality drinks category, which traditionally grows its share of the spirits category during the summer
“To give the new bottle extra standout, we have commissioned British designer Oliver McAinsh, to design a beautiful illustration for the label, which is inspired by a British summer hedgerow.”
Pimm’s® returns to TV in May to raise brand awareness and support the launch. Retailers or licensees looking to arrange a visit from a Diageo sales representative can do so by calling 0845 602 5832.
Original source: Company Release
Diageo is hosting an investor conference this week that focuses on the companies operations in Africa. Here, just-drinks reviews the company's African footprint. ...
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review