JAMAICA: Diageo's Desnoes and Geddes sells stakes in Caribbean breweries
The Red Stripe brewer has sold its stake in two Caribbean breweries
The Red Stripe brewer said late last week that it has divested its 5% stake in Brasserie Nationale d’Haiti and its 10% shareholding in St Lucia's Windward & Leeward to the Dutch firm. “This is the right time to dispose of these minority shareholdings as we have ambitious plans for Red Stripe with several major initiatives being undertaken,” said Cedric Blair, Red Stripe's MD.
He added: “We are focusing on growing the Red Stripe business locally and internationally.”
Nobody was immediately available for comment from Heineken.
Both Brasserie Nationale d’Haiti and Windward & Leeward will continue to brew Guinness under licence for Diageo, D&G said.
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read comment pieces by just-drinks' editor, Olly Wehring, ...
Canadean's "GUINNESS NIGERIA PLC - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products and ...
Project Synopsis: MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth act......
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read analyses on just-drinks in 2014....
Heineken’s main strategy in Hungary is to maintain its favourable position among the leading producers of beer in Hungary and supply local demand with high-quality beer and cider. In order to achieve ...
Heineken Romania SA is expected to consolidate its leading position in beer by further investing in its production facilities and introducing new products. After a successful 2012 for its flavoured/mi...
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US