UK: Diageo/Pernod Close to Deal but Captain Morgan may Provide Final Twist
Seagram has asked for the "best and final bids" today as the race for its drinks business enters its final stages. And as the most compelling auction in the history of the industry draws to an end, there could be one final twist. The Diageo/Pernod Ricard bid remains the front-runner to succeed with an offer understood to be close to $8.2bn. Sources have reported that Diageo and Pernod representatives have been locked in negotiations with Seagram's bankers Morgan, Stanley Dean Witter over the weekend. It has even been suggested that a deal may be reached by today.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is single malt the Great White Hope for Scotch?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US