UK: Diageo/Pernod Close to Deal but Captain Morgan may Provide Final Twist
Seagram has asked for the "best and final bids" today as the race for its drinks business enters its final stages. And as the most compelling auction in the history of the industry draws to an end, there could be one final twist. The Diageo/Pernod Ricard bid remains the front-runner to succeed with an offer understood to be close to $8.2bn. Sources have reported that Diageo and Pernod representatives have been locked in negotiations with Seagram's bankers Morgan, Stanley Dean Witter over the weekend. It has even been suggested that a deal may be reached by today.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- The Beer Engine that is Africa
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review