UK: Diageo/Pernod Close to Deal but Captain Morgan may Provide Final Twist
Seagram has asked for the "best and final bids" today as the race for its drinks business enters its final stages. And as the most compelling auction in the history of the industry draws to an end, there could be one final twist. The Diageo/Pernod Ricard bid remains the front-runner to succeed with an offer understood to be close to $8.2bn. Sources have reported that Diageo and Pernod representatives have been locked in negotiations with Seagram's bankers Morgan, Stanley Dean Witter over the weekend. It has even been suggested that a deal may be reached by today.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research