TRAVEL RETAIL: Diageo unveils new Johnnie Walker Red Label bottle
Click though to view the new Johnnie Walker Red Label bottle
The new 70cl, 75cl and one-litre bottles are wider and taller than previously, Diageo said today (29 October). The brand's “Striding Man” logo also now appears on both the neck of the bottle and the front face.
Gavin Pike, Johnnie Walker's global brand director, suggested the bottle will give Johnnie Walker Red a “competitive advantage” over rivals in travel retail, while suggesting it will enter other sectors in the future.
“We believe that travel retail plays an important role in introducing the new look Johnnie Walker Red Label pack to consumers worldwide, which is why global travel is one of the first regions to receive it,” Pike said.
The new design was rolled out in the global travel retail sector this month.
Johnnie Walker is the channel's biggest spirits brand by volume. Last year it upped its volumes in the sector by 15%, according to latest figures.
In the third part of this month's management briefing, Ben Cooper reviews the environmental sustainability of three of the world's biggest brewers: Anheuser-Busch InBev, Carlsberg and Diageo....
I'm calling it, people. Today is the day that I feel confident enough to conclude that the China 'crisis' is not a blip....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research