TRAVEL RETAIL: Diageo to launch Baileys Hazelnut
Diageo's new Baileys Hazelnut
Diageo Global Travel and Middle East (GTME) will launch a new Baileys Hazelnut flavour in European travel-retail markets on 1 November.
Baileys Hazelnut will launch in other travel-retail markets in the New Year and will be supported by sampling promotions. Over the Christmas period, it will be promoted along with the other flavours in the range with different coloured bows to match each flavour.
A Diageo spokesperson today (20 September) declined to give specific pricing information for Baileys Hazelnut, but said it would be priced at the same level as the three existing flavours— Crème Caramel, Mint Chocolate and Coffee.
Diageo GTME marketing manager for white spirits, liqueurs and rums, Caroline Lyons, said: “The [Baileys] flavour range has been a big hit with consumers and is among Diageo’s most successful innovations to date.”
Diageo's results last week spelt out one strong message, as far as M&A nut Richard Woodard is concerned. Let's watch him clap his hands and jump up and down as he tells us what he heard....
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head