GLOBAL: Diageo sticks with nightlife for next Smirnoff push
Smirnoff is returning to a nightclub near you soon
The push, entitled Smirnoff Midnight Circus, is “a celebration of the newest, most extraordinary spectacles in nightlife”, the company said earlier today (29 August). The brand will be the subject of events in around 25 cities around the world, featuring DJs, performers, mixologists and “acts unlike any other”.
To kick off the campaign, Diageo has enlisted artist and photographer David LaChapelle to create an interactive art installation that will be the centre of events in Mexico City and Bangkok on 7 and 15 September, respectively.
The countries participating include Argentina, Armenia, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Dominican Republic, Estonia, Finland, Guatemala, Malta, Mexico, Nigeria, Panama, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Thailand, Trinidad & Tobago, Venezuela and Vietnam.
Smirnoff Midnight Circus, which will feature events driven by the use of light and 'Secret Sessions' – “experiences at unexpected venues with unannounced performances by top musical acts”, will run between September and February.
Diageo launched the 'Nightlife Exchange Project' for Smirnoff back in 2010.
Click play, below, for a company-sourced preview of the campaign.
Environmental sustainability remains one of the most active areas for the global drinks industry. This year, just-drinks returns to the subject with four separate management briefings, one per sector....
In the second part of this management briefing, which looks at environmental sustainability in the brewing sector, Ben Cooper looks at the role played by sourcing ingredients locally....
Here's the third part of this month's management briefing, which looks at three of the world's largest brewers and their efforts in the environmental sustainability arena....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts