US: Diageo signs New York Giants deal
Captain Morgan signs with NY Giants
Diageo has is to sponsor the National Football League's New York Giants and the team's New Meadowlands Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey.
The agreement allows for hospitality, brand visibility and signage throughout the stadium complex and sponsorship of the New York Giants' Post Game Show on WFAN-AM, the team's flagship radio station.
"Diageo's business and brands have always been about responsible celebration, and there are very few environments that compete with the NFL when it comes to being able to communicate these important messages to adult consumers in such a fun and engaging manner," said Guy Smith, executive vice president at Diageo."
Diageo will also use the New York Giants and Meadowlands Stadium trademarks in sales promotions for the Captain Morgan and Smirnoff brands in New Jersey, New York and Connecticut.
Adult fans will have the opportunity to enjoy the game at the New Meadowlands Stadium from two world-class branded bars featuring Captain Morgan and Johnnie Walker respectively.
The New York Giants and New Meadowlands Stadium are the latest NFL team and stadium deals brokered by Diageo. In 2009, Diageo's Crown Royal whisky brand entered into a team and stadium deal with the Dallas Cowboys and the newly opened Cowboys Stadium.
In this, the final part of just-drinks' review of 2010, Olly Wehring takes a look at what made the wine headlines this year....
Our penultimate part of the 2010 review of the year affords our spirits commentator, Richard Woodard, to look back at the last 12 months for his specialised subject....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read interviews on just-drinks in 2010....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read comment pieces on just-drinks in 2010....
Speculation has started circulating this week that Diageo may be looking to snap up Turkish spirits company Mey Içki from private equity firm TPG Capital. While Diageo won't be drawn on the rumours, a...
French luxury goods giant LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has upped its stake in rival Hermès International, although Hermès family shareholders remain determined to block any possible takeover attem...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read news stories on just-drinks in 2010....
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Diageo adds to Entourage tie-up - video
- NPD: Brewdog's Born to Die
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review