UK: Diageo rolls out stronger Bulleit Bourbon, launches Bulleit Rye
The original 45% Bulleit Bourbon is being made available in the UK
Diageo is re-launching Bulleit Bourbon in the UK at its original higher abv and rolling out Bulleit Rye to the region, as demand for premium US whiskey grows.
The UK version of Bulleit Bourbon, which has been available at 40% abv, will have an abv of 45%, in line with the brand's strength in the US. Meanwhile, Bulliet Rye, which has a rye content of 95% and also an abv of 45%, is being introduced to the UK for the first time. The rye variant was launched in the US in 2011.
Both brands will be available at “selected” UK bars, Diageo said. In the off-trade, Bulleit Bourbon will retail for around GBP27, while Bulleit Rye carries an RRP of GBP32.50 for 70cl bottles.
“In the UK, American whiskey is out-performing total spirits, with the Bourbon category in particular showing strong growth,” said Nick Temperley, Head of Diageo Reserve Brands, GB. “Both Bulleit Bourbon and Bulleit Rye meet this growing consumer demand for premium US whiskey, while responding to a current trend set by bartenders for rye-whiskey led cocktails.”
Last week, Diageo revealed further details of new high-end Bourbons it is planning to launch in the US next year, following an initial annoucenment by CEO Ivan Menezes.
Last month, figures showed that US on-trade volumes of Bulleit Bourbon had risen by 71% in the year-to-date.
Bulleit Bourbon was first launched as a brand 25 years ago by Tom Bulleit, founder of Bulleit Distilling Company. The brand was acquired by Seagram in 1997, before passing to Diageo in 2000.
After 18 years in Latin America, Laurent Pillet moved to sub-Saharan Africa in 2011 to head up Pernod Ricard's operations in the region. At the French company's Capital Markets Day this week, just-dri...
Earlier today (2 June), brand valuation consultancy Intangible Business released the results of its latest survey of the world's wine and spirits brands. Here's a look at 'The Power 100', along with t...
Yesterday (29 May), Diageo announced its intention to spend US$115m on a new whiskey distillery in the US. Here, we look at the company's existing production footprint in the country....
UK victims affected by the anti-morning sickness drug Thalidomide have launched fresh legal action against Diageo, according to reports. ...
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China