UK: Diageo rolls out stronger Bulleit Bourbon, launches Bulleit Rye
The original 45% Bulleit Bourbon is being made available in the UK
Diageo is re-launching Bulleit Bourbon in the UK at its original higher abv and rolling out Bulleit Rye to the region, as demand for premium US whiskey grows.
The UK version of Bulleit Bourbon, which has been available at 40% abv, will have an abv of 45%, in line with the brand's strength in the US. Meanwhile, Bulliet Rye, which has a rye content of 95% and also an abv of 45%, is being introduced to the UK for the first time. The rye variant was launched in the US in 2011.
Both brands will be available at “selected” UK bars, Diageo said. In the off-trade, Bulleit Bourbon will retail for around GBP27, while Bulleit Rye carries an RRP of GBP32.50 for 70cl bottles.
“In the UK, American whiskey is out-performing total spirits, with the Bourbon category in particular showing strong growth,” said Nick Temperley, Head of Diageo Reserve Brands, GB. “Both Bulleit Bourbon and Bulleit Rye meet this growing consumer demand for premium US whiskey, while responding to a current trend set by bartenders for rye-whiskey led cocktails.”
Last week, Diageo revealed further details of new high-end Bourbons it is planning to launch in the US next year, following an initial annoucenment by CEO Ivan Menezes.
Last month, figures showed that US on-trade volumes of Bulleit Bourbon had risen by 71% in the year-to-date.
Bulleit Bourbon was first launched as a brand 25 years ago by Tom Bulleit, founder of Bulleit Distilling Company. The brand was acquired by Seagram in 1997, before passing to Diageo in 2000.
After 18 years in Latin America, Laurent Pillet moved to sub-Saharan Africa in 2011 to head up Pernod Ricard's operations in the region. At the French company's Capital Markets Day this week, just-dri...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
"The Future of the Wine Market in the United Arab Emirates to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and co...
Earlier today (2 June), brand valuation consultancy Intangible Business released the results of its latest survey of the world's wine and spirits brands. Here's a look at 'The Power 100', along with t...
Yesterday (29 May), Diageo announced its intention to spend US$115m on a new whiskey distillery in the US. Here, we look at the company's existing production footprint in the country....
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Half-year sales lift for Pernod Ricard
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research