GLOBAL: Diageo promotes Morgan to oversee M&A in exec shake-up
Diageo has shuffled some of its senior executives
Diageo has appointed Andrew Morgan to the newly-created role of president of New Business to help oversee acquisitions for the group.
Morgan, previously Diageo's Europe president, will report to COO Ivan Menezes, the company said today (9 November). The appointment is effective immediately.
Diageo CEO Paul Walsh said Morgan has the experience to take on this “critical role”.
“He has orchestrated the major expansion of our business in Turkey, Russia and Eastern Europe and the operating model change he instigated in Western Europe in 2011 has created a strong platform for the future of this market,” Walsh said.
The group today announced it has agreed a deal to take a controlling stake in India's United Spirits.
Morgan's former Europe COO, John Kennedy, will take the role of Western Europe president, Diageo said. He will not be replaced.
Diageo Africa president Nick Blazquez's role has been expanded and he is now president of Africa, Russia, Eastern Europe & Turkey, the company said. Turkey MD Galip Yorgancioglu and Russia MD Stephen Morley will report to Blazquez.
Diageo's shakeup of its European structure follows its acquisition last year of Turkish spirits maker Mey Içki for US$2.1bn.
Yesterday evening, the Worshipful Company of Distillers hosted a debate in London about gin. Up for discussion was the question: "Gin: A tortuous history with a brilliant future?"...
I can't remember precisely when I first saw the BRIC acronym. Indeed, with only ten years' experience of the drinks industry, it seems to be have been around longer than I have. I can remember, howeve...
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?