UK: Diageo plc and Pernod Ricard SA to acquire Seagram spirits and wine business
Diageo plc and Pernod Ricard SA today confirm that they have signed an agreement to acquire the spirits and wine business of The Seagram Company Ltd., for US$8.15 billion (£5.5 billion) in cash on a debt free basis. The purchase consideration will be funded by Diageo and Pernod Ricard as to $5.0 billion by Diageo and as to $3.15 billion by Pernod Ricard. The agreement is principally conditional on clearance by the anti-trust regulatory authorities.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- What's on the M&A cards for San Miguel Brewery?
- Comment - Wine - Not on the List
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant & Sons boosts Travel Retail team
- First Drinks becomes William Grant UK
- Edrington to set up global Travel Retail team