GLOBAL: Diageo, Pernod Ricard, Bacardi duke it out in 2011 spirits chart - figures
The vodka brand, one of Diageo's flagship spirits, sold 6.8m cases more than second-placed Bacardi rum last year, according to the chart released by The IWSR yesterday (6 August). Pernod has ten brands in the top 50, with Absolut, growing by 2.8% in 2011 on 2010, coming in fourth.
“Smirnoff sells more than 1m cases in five different countries spanning four different regions,” said The IWSR. “Smirnoff is one of 13 vodka brands that, combined, make up over a quarter of the list.”
While three Ukrainian vodkas appeared in the top 11 – Nemiroff (seventh), Khlibniy Dar (ninth) and Khortytsa (11th) – all saw volumes slide last year as domestic sales fell, “which increased the importance of developing their export markets”, The IWSR noted.
Scroll down to view the full list.
The final part of Euromonitor's preview of the year ahead for the global drinks industry sees senior alcoholic drinks analysts Spiros Malandrakis and Jeremy Cunnington turn the spotlight on the wine c...
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research