UK/INDIA: Diageo moves closer to United Spirits takeover with new share approval
Diageo announced its deal with United Spirits last month
The 14.53m shares, valued at INR1,440 ($26.43) each, equal 10% of the share capital of United Spirits, Diageo said today (14 December). The allotment is conditional on issues including competition approval or clearance in India and elsewhere, Diageo said.
Last month, Diageo and United Spirits announced their INR111.7bn (US$2.05bn) deal, which will see Diageo take an eventual 53.4% stake in the Indian company. The deal is expected to complete by March.
It brought to an end a long period of media speculation over the deal, which had previously collapsed in 2009.
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets