US: Diageo launches Jose Cuervo games promo
Diageo is to hold a series of games for consumers in the US in order to promote its Jose Cuervo Tequila brand.
The CuervoGames will be the brand's largest experiential marketing campaign in more than a decade, Diageo said yesterday (29 March).
Diageo will host a series of games in 20 US cities, giving locals a chance to compete in a range of physical challenges, from a Waterfall Climb to a cocktail "mix-off".
Winning local teams will head to national finals, to be held in Las Vegas.
The games will begin in Tempe, Arizona on 3 April and Diageo is asking teams of four people to register on social networking website Facebook. The three teams registered with the most votes on Facebook will get the chance to compete in the regional finals, although there will also be a chance for teams to turn up on the day and make it through.
Diageo will screen the games live on Facebook, the Jose Cuervo website. Each city's finals event will be shown live on Justin.TV.
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Diageo gets 2016 off to a strong start - Analysis
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- With MegaBrew sorted, is MegaBev next? - Research
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- The US is "the first place I look" - Diageo CEO
- Bacardi ups ante in US Havana Club row
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research