US: Diageo launches Jose Cuervo games promo
Diageo is to hold a series of games for consumers in the US in order to promote its Jose Cuervo Tequila brand.
The CuervoGames will be the brand's largest experiential marketing campaign in more than a decade, Diageo said yesterday (29 March).
Diageo will host a series of games in 20 US cities, giving locals a chance to compete in a range of physical challenges, from a Waterfall Climb to a cocktail "mix-off".
Winning local teams will head to national finals, to be held in Las Vegas.
The games will begin in Tempe, Arizona on 3 April and Diageo is asking teams of four people to register on social networking website Facebook. The three teams registered with the most votes on Facebook will get the chance to compete in the regional finals, although there will also be a chance for teams to turn up on the day and make it through.
Diageo will screen the games live on Facebook, the Jose Cuervo website. Each city's finals event will be shown live on Justin.TV.
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits