GREECE: Diageo kick-starts Pimm's European venture
Diageo will take Pimm's to other European countries this year
Pimm's will be available in 3,000 on-trade venues in Greece, Diageo said today (20 May). The brand will roll-out to other western European markets later this year, the company added.
Friday's launch was supported by a flashmob in one of Athens' main squares and the arrival of the “Pimm’s O’Clock” double-decker British bus that had travelled from London for the event. The promotional bus will tour Greece for two months, Diageo said.
Last month, Diageo launched a Blackberry and Elderflower extension to the Pimm's range in the UK.
The final death count of Typhoon Haiyan, which hit the Philippines last week, is still a long way from being known. The relief effort is well underway, however, and drinks companies are among those th...
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US