UK: Diageo gives Baileys Christmas push with TV ad
A still from the new Baileys ad
Diageo is set to launch its first UK Christmas TV advert in five years for its Baileys Original Irish Cream brand with a modern take on The Nutcracker ballet.
A two-minute version of the ad will air on Saturday (16 November) exclusively on Channel 4, Diageo said today. The full-length advert will then be available on Baileys' Youtube channel and across UK commercial channels as a 60-second spot from 25 November, Diageo said.
The group said it “re-imagines the familiar Christmas tale as a cool, sophisticated fable for a modern audience”.
A spokesperson for Diageo said total spend on the ad was not being disclosed.
The spot is part of the Baileys marketing campaign “Cream With Spirit”, launched last year.
It looks like 2014 is shaping up to be the year of surprises in the spirits industry. First up, in January, we saw Beam Inc head in a direction that few of us foresaw. Then, today, Whyte & Mackay has ...
After months of speculation, a buyer for Scotch whisky producer Whyte & Mackay finally emerged today (9 May). Philippines-based Emperador Inc has agreed to acquire the business from Diageo-controlled ...
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends