UK: Diageo gives Baileys Christmas push with TV ad
A still from the new Baileys ad
Diageo is set to launch its first UK Christmas TV advert in five years for its Baileys Original Irish Cream brand with a modern take on The Nutcracker ballet.
A two-minute version of the ad will air on Saturday (16 November) exclusively on Channel 4, Diageo said today. The full-length advert will then be available on Baileys' Youtube channel and across UK commercial channels as a 60-second spot from 25 November, Diageo said.
The group said it “re-imagines the familiar Christmas tale as a cool, sophisticated fable for a modern audience”.
A spokesperson for Diageo said total spend on the ad was not being disclosed.
The spot is part of the Baileys marketing campaign “Cream With Spirit”, launched last year.
It looks like 2014 is shaping up to be the year of surprises in the spirits industry. First up, in January, we saw Beam Inc head in a direction that few of us foresaw. Then, today, Whyte & Mackay has ...
After months of speculation, a buyer for Scotch whisky producer Whyte & Mackay finally emerged today (9 May). Philippines-based Emperador Inc has agreed to acquire the business from Diageo-controlled ...
- Pernod Ricard's Q3 2017 trading update - Preview
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- How soft drinks brands manage to offend consumers
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- William Grant snaps up Tuthilltown Spirits in US
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020