UK: Diageo gives Baileys Christmas push with TV ad
A still from the new Baileys ad
Diageo is set to launch its first UK Christmas TV advert in five years for its Baileys Original Irish Cream brand with a modern take on The Nutcracker ballet.
A two-minute version of the ad will air on Saturday (16 November) exclusively on Channel 4, Diageo said today. The full-length advert will then be available on Baileys' Youtube channel and across UK commercial channels as a 60-second spot from 25 November, Diageo said.
The group said it “re-imagines the familiar Christmas tale as a cool, sophisticated fable for a modern audience”.
A spokesperson for Diageo said total spend on the ad was not being disclosed.
The spot is part of the Baileys marketing campaign “Cream With Spirit”, launched last year.
It looks like 2014 is shaping up to be the year of surprises in the spirits industry. First up, in January, we saw Beam Inc head in a direction that few of us foresaw. Then, today, Whyte & Mackay has ...
After months of speculation, a buyer for Scotch whisky producer Whyte & Mackay finally emerged today (9 May). Philippines-based Emperador Inc has agreed to acquire the business from Diageo-controlled ...
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends