INDIA: Diageo gets regulatory nod for Pioneer Distilleries move
Diageo wants full control of Pioneer
Last month, the UK-headquartered group and United Spirits said they would make an open offer for INR157.9m (US$2.65m) worth of Pioneer's shares. The tender period will start on 28 August and end on 11 September.
“Diageo can confirm that the MTO document has been through the standard SEBI (Securities and Exchange Board of India) review and clearance process," a company spokesperson told just-drinks yesterday (20 August).
The move follows Diageo last month becoming the biggest shareholder in United Spirits, upping its stake to 25.02%. This week, the group's former CEO Paul Walsh was appointed a non-executive director on the United Spirits board.
Following a flurry of activity in the Tequila sector last month, has Diageo finally returned to the point it had previously reached when it handled Jose Cuervo? Richard Woodard compares then to now....
The flavoured vodka category has been a growth engine of the spirits sector for some time, but new research from just-drinks suggests that the sub-category no longer represents the easy route to growt...
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- Concha y Toro sees H1 profits, sales jump - result
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review