GLOBAL: Diageo delivers drink driving message in Johnnie Walker film - video
The online ad, part of a campaign to get a million social media pledges never to drink and drive, was released this week ahead of Sunday's Brazilian Grand Prix in Sao Paulo, Diageo said today (22 November). It shows a F1 F1 racing car made out of 1,750 glasses crashing into an invisible wall.
The campaign is “to remind consumers that, in life as in racing, control is everything”, said Diageo's director of corporate social responsibility, Carolyn Panzer.
“The Glass Car” features two-time F1 drivers' champion and Johnnie Walker responsible drinking ambassador Mika Hakkinen. It was made in conjunction with F1 team Vodafone McLaren Mercedes.
This week, Diageo announced a partnership with the NBA in the US covering three of its brands - Ciroc Vodka, Canadian whiskey blend Crown Royal and Baileys Original Irish Cream. The deal includes a series of public service announcements on responsible drinking starring NBA players.
In the first part of our interview with Stock Spirits' CEO, Chris Heath looked back at the company's IPO last year, and what it now means for the company to be standing on its own two feet. Today, in ...
It looks like 2014 is shaping up to be the year of surprises in the spirits industry. First up, in January, we saw Beam Inc head in a direction that few of us foresaw. Then, today, Whyte & Mackay has ...
After months of speculation, a buyer for Scotch whisky producer Whyte & Mackay finally emerged today (9 May). Philippines-based Emperador Inc has agreed to acquire the business from Diageo-controlled ...
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China