CZECH: Diageo deal "complementary" - Stock Spirits Group CEO
Stock Spirits announced the Diageo deal today
Stock Spirits Group's CEO has said his firm's new alliance with Diageo is “complementary” and won't see the two companies' brands competing against each other.
Chris Heath, whose company today announced it will distribute Diageo's premium portfolio in Czech, said both sides had worked to ensure there will be “no direct clashes” when the deal starts in January. Stock Spirits is Czech's leading clear and flavoured vodka producer by volume, it says, with brands including 1906 and Orzel.
Under the new distribution agreement, one of the Diageo brands it will handle is global best-selling vodka Smirnoff.
However, Heath told just-drinks today (13 November): “Smirnoff is relatively small in Czech but it's at a different price point so we've made sure there are no direct clashes.
“We don't want to do something that directly competes with each other but we see it as being much more complementary," he added. "Having similar brands at different price points and at slightly different positioning works very well.”
He also said Russian Standard's takeover of Central European Distribution Corporation this year is unlikely to make much difference to the Polish vodka market. He said: “A change of management will change a few things along the way, but we see them (CEDC) as a very professional competitor and when you have professionals competing you tend to have a very healthy market.”
This profile brings together all of just-drinks' coverage of the major developments in Suntory's acquisition of Beam. Spanning a four month period since the beginning of the year the profile looks at ...
It looks like 2014 is shaping up to be the year of surprises in the spirits industry. First up, in January, we saw Beam Inc head in a direction that few of us foresaw. Then, today, Whyte & Mackay has ...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during February 2014....
Alcoholic beverages are drinks that contain ethanol and are generally categorized into three types: beer, spirits (distilled beverages), and wine. Beer is an alcoholic beverage manufactured by the hyd...
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Carlsberg's Q4 & Full Year - Preview
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research