UK: Diageo CR director calls time after ten years
Ian Wright has been CR director for Diageo for almost ten years
The corporate relations director of Diageo is set to leave the company next year.
The UK-headquartered beer, spirits and wine giant confirmed earlier today (15 July) that Ian Wright will call time on his ten years in the role at the end of March. Wright will be replaced by Charlotte Lambkin, the group communications director of BAE Systems.
Lambkin, who has been on BAE's executive committee for the last five years, will join Diageo in January. Prior to joining BAE in late-2004, she was a director at Pelham Bell Pottinger for almost ten years.
Wright's future plans “will become public in the coming months”, the company said.
Last week, Diageo confirmed to just-drinks that it will be "engaging" with the Office of Fair Trading on the future of Scotch whisky producer Whyte & Mackay and will seek "formal clearance" on the matter in due course.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Molson Coors' Rekorderlig Cider Cocktails - NPD
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends