UK: Diageo, Compass silent on Walsh move reports
Walsh is expected to join the catering firm next year
Diageo has declined to comment on reports that its outgoing chief executive is set to join catering firm Compass as chairman.
The Sunday Times reported yesterday (16 June) that Paul Walsh will take up his first chairmanship by replacing Sir Roy Gardner, who stands down next year. Walsh, who has spent 13 years as Diageo's CEO, leaves the drinks company next month.
He will be replaced by Ivan Menezes.
Compass, whose clients include schools, oil rigs and the Wimbledon tennis championships, also declined to comment on the reports.
After a lively year for our industry, Stuart Whitwell from Intangible Business takes a look at what the next 12 months could have in store for the beer and spirits categories....
Tequila brand Agave Underground is expanding to Canada after signing a distribution deal with Glazer's. ...
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Rum "yet to maximise" GTR potential - Bacardi
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China